Nick's Ghost Story

by Nick D'Arrigo, 13 years old

This true story took place in the year 2000. My first and only encounter with ghosts.

I remember this true story clearly. When I was about five, my aunt died. My family and I were living in Rutherford at the time. One morning, I was awakened by the sound of something creaking around 2:45 am. I opened my eyes and looked at my mom's dresser, and there I saw her prized doll moving. I was in disbelief. I thought to myself I must be dreaming, so I went back to bed. I heard the same sound as soon as I closed my eyes, and realized it was no dream. And then I saw some weird red devil-like glow surrounding the doll and coming from outside the window.

I saw my rocking chair rocking...moving back and forth. In the chair looked to be an old man. My father told me that an old man lived in the house, and was murdered in the attic in the year 1950. Then I saw right next him, my recently fallen aunt. The day before all this weird phenomenon happened, the fan hanging from the ceiling just shut off. The power was on, and the switch was on. Was it connected somehow to the old man?

Before I got on the bus for school, I saw a child staring at me through the window. He had, what looked to me, a knife in his hand pointing straight at me. When I arrived at school, I again saw something weird. The Principal's chair was rocking in his office...

My next story actually happened yesterday, July 25, 2007, around 9:00 pm, after Tae Kwon Do practice.

I just exited the dojo (I was the first to leave), while my mom was still in there talking to Valentina (my friend's dad). I looked across the street to an old parking spot that is roughly secured by a fence, when I noticed a figure of a boy, and what may have been his sister. The boy looked to be eleven years old, blond hair, hazel eyes, and was wearing a white shirt and short jeans. The sister looked about thirteen, having brown hair, hazel eyes, and wearing a white gown with a pink skirt.

Both were staring at me, since I was the only one outside at the time. I turned my head for five seconds, looked back and noticed they were now in the street. I looked away for another five seconds, and they were now both beside me. I didn't bother to tell my mom, because she wouldn't believe me anyway.

Around 4:40 this morning, I went upstairs to play some games, when I noticed they were both up there waiting for me. They told me they followed me here, and the reason for it is was because they have no one to play with other than each other. I said, "What do you want to do?" and they the just vanished.

I swear the things ghost children do are just weird. Wouldn't you say?