Tiffany's Ghost Stories                                                Back to Ghost Stories

by Tiffany
My name is Tiffany.  I am twenty-two now, but at the time I was about fifteen and lived in a
cute house downtown.  I have three stories I would like to share.

First, I often slept in the living room downstairs, because I didn't feel comfortable in my room
on the second story. One night I fell asleep on the couch before my mom went to bed.  At
about 2:00am I woke up for no apparent reason and all the lights and TV were off (I usually
left the TV and bathroom light on, because the house made me feel weird). I should tell you
that the foot of the couch was facing the front door. When I woke up, I saw a man standing in
the front of the door.  I stared at it for a few minutes, because I was to scared to move.  I
rubbed my eyes to make sure I was awake and my eyes were in focus, and I can assure you
they were. This door had a half shelf window at the very top of the door and the figure was
standing right in front of it, covering half the window.  He had a sort of short top hat on and
what looked like a long trench coat on.  Finally I got up enough courage, and ran across the
living room and turned the light on.  When I turned back, he was gone.  After that, I had my
mom switch the furniture so that I couldn't see the front door while sitting in the living room.

Second, the reason I slept on the couch was because this house had four bedrooms, but my
brother and sister occupied those other rooms and my parents.  My room, no matter how hot
the house was, was always cold.  My dad checked the vent, and it was on and working.
Almost every night around 5:00am, I would hear two loud thumps coming from the attic, right
above my room.  I would ask my other family members and they said that they didn't hear
anything.  My mom said it was an animal or something (she is a non-believer).  My brother
believed me, though every now and then he would see the attic light on, and there is no way
of turning it on unless you open the sliding panel and pull a cord.  So one afternoon, we both
went up there and at the back of the attic was a shelf.  On the shelf were fliers of a party set
from back in the 50's and a bunch of tin cans. One tin can had a needle in it, and another had
a pipe. We put the stuff back and left.  My brother switched me rooms that day...seems he is
a much harder sleeper than I am.

Third, my brother, some friends and I were hanging out in the basement one night. This night,
my parents were also harboring a friend that was going through a bad divorce.  At about
5:00am we heard footsteps, and thought that it was the friend's husband breaking in, or my
dad going to the bathroom.  We heard them go through the kitchen and come to the
basement door.  My brother being much bigger and tougher went to the door opened it and
nobody was there. So we all thought maybe it was the dog or something.  Not thinking
anything more about it, we put a pot of coffee on (seems it was a school night and we didn't
get any sleep).  Everybody went back to the basement for a few minutes, until we heard the
footsteps again.  This time, we all went up stairs and nobody was there, again.  I went to
check the coffee and saw that there was coffee all over the counter and the floor.  I asked my
brother to come and look, and we both asked each other where the pot was...we looked all
around the counter and didn't see it.  I looked across the kitchen to the bar that separated
the kitchen from the dining room, and saw on the table  the coffee pot - completely clean and
cold.  I remember watching the coffee drip into the pot when we made the coffee, because
sometimes the coffee pot didn't work. The next morning I asked my parents, and their friend
if they were downstairs at all that night, and none of them were...not even to go to the

After that night, my brother and I had enough and decided to go to the library where they
keep old newspaper clippings.  We came across an article that said In the 1950's, there was
a big drug party that went bad.  One man was shot in the front door because he was helping
a man steal drugs from someone in the house. Two others were shot in the attic - one was a
guy who was stealing drugs, and the other was the man who owned the drugs.  They shot
each other above my room in the attic; the stealer died right away, but the other suffered for
some time before he finally died.  It took two days for the police to find the bodies in the attic.
I personally don't think that any of them left.  I haven't lived there for about four years, but I still
love that old house and think about it often.  I never was able to find out how old it was, but I
did find out that the bricks that were used to build the house, ceased being made in the
1920's. There is only one other house in my town that is built using the same bricks, and that
house was built in 1910.

Go to the Angels & Ghosts Forum & discuss this ghost story!
Get a Free psychic reading
Website content Copyright 2004-2007
Angels & Ghosts, LLC AngelsGhosts.Com